The Copper Chef brand has become quite a common site on shopping channels over the last 10 years or so.
The promise here is effective non-stick ceramic cookware, provided at an affordable price point.
Although owned by Tristar Products in the US, Copper Chef cookware is made by the Zhejiang Huochu Cookware Co, based in China.
That’s one question answered, then!
In the rest of this brand guide, I’m going to answer some of the most common questions readers have about working with Copper Chef cookware.
(If you want to explore more of my cookware content, take a look at the home cookware guide I have on the site.)
Jump ahead to:
What Company Makes Copper Chef?
At the time of publishing this article, the Copper Chef brand is owned by Tristar Products.
Tristar has been producing and marketing all kinds of kitchenware for more than 25 years.
According to its investor page, the company has achieved more than $1bn in retail sales during that time.
As I explained in the introduction to this guide, the manufacturing process is handled by Zhejiang Huochu Cookware Co.
Is Copper Chef Real Copper?
No. Copper Chef pans are made from aluminum, which is then coated with a copper-colored non-stick surface.
This is something the manufacturer calls its Advanced Cerami-Tech Non-Stick Coating, and it’s a protective & effective surface to work with.
It’s also free from PTFE and PFOA, so is suitable for those of you who want to avoid using Teflon-style coatings.
What ARE Copper Chef Pans Made Of?
Copper Chef pans are made from aluminum, which is then treated on all sides with a copper-colored layer.
If you’re in the market for a true copper cookware set, this is not the best option for you.
Copper is an excellent cookware material it’s true, but you can expect to pay a premium for this kind of high-end performance.
Are Copper Chef Pans Toxic?
No. Copper Chef pans are entirely free of PTFE & PFOA, the two chemicals which have become controversial in recent years.
Instead, Copper Chef pans feature a natural non-stick (so-called “ceramic”) coating.
This slowly releases non-stick oils over the course of its lifetime, and requires occasional re-seasoning.
Is Copper Chef A Good Product?
This very much depends on how you define “good”.
Despite the name, it’s not really copper cookware. For that reason you shouldn’t expect the kind of premium performance that this material offers, and at this price!
It is affordable cookware though, and the non-stick performance is very good.
If you’re working to a tight budget, and don’t expect your cookware to last forever, it’s a perfectly good option.
Where Can I Buy Copper Chef Pans?
Copper Chef Pans are readily available from the usual online marketplaces.
I’ve highlighted three of the most popular sets, which are currently available on Amazon.
- 5-Piece Cookware set includes 9.5 -inch fry pan with tempered glass lid 5.5" Santuku Knife and 8-Inch fry pan with extra durable...
- Try-Ply Cookware by Copper Chef gives you a layer of aluminum for fast heat conduction between two layers of stainless steel for...
- PFOA Free stainless steel pans are scratch resistant with nonstick coating to provide healthier cooking and easy cleanup with less...
- Stay Cook Handles are riveted for extra strength and ergonomically designed for a secure, comfortable grip
- Cook on All Stovetops- Dishwasher Safe Copper Chef pans are compatible with an induction cooktop, gas, electric, ceramic stovetops...
- COPPER CHEF 9-PIECE ROUND COPPER PAN SET COLLECTION INCLUDES: 5.8 Qt. Casserole Pan with 10" Glass Lid, 2.8 Qt. Sauce Pan with...
- QUICK & EASY CLEANUP: We recommend that you clean your Copper Chef nonstick pan set by hand with water, a mild soap or cleanser,...
- ADVANCED CERAMI-TECH NON-STICK COATING: PTFE & PFOA FREE Copper Chef Cookware is the first of its kind designed with Advanced...
- STAINLESS STEEL INDUCTION PLATE: Our Copper Cookware has an innovative, stainless steel induction plate built directly into our...
- WORKS ON ALL STOVETOPS: Featuring a Cerami-Tech non-stick outer coating and riveted handles for an extra-secure grip, this Copper...
- Set includes- 8" Griddle Pan, 11" Griddle, 9.5" Grill Pan, 9.5" Glass Lid, 11" Glass Lid
- 9.5"" Grill Pan and 11"" Griddle Pan with Lids
- CeramiTech non-stick coating allows for easy clean up. Cook without butter or oil
- The Stainless Steel Induction Plate means no hot spots. Allowing for fast, even cooking.Heat Resistant Up To 850°
(Heads up! If you click on a product link and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I never recommend a product I wouldn’t use in my own kitchen, and this helps keep the site running. Thank you.)
Are Copper Chef Pans Oven Safe?
Copper Chef pans are indeed oven safe, however different pans can tolerate different temperature ceilings.
In the case of the Titan Pan, for example, it’s oven-safe to a maximum temperature of 450F / 232C.
Note, however, that the lids have a maximum temperature threshold of 350F / 177C.
As always, the best thing to do is check the product listing.
Oven-safety limits are usually featured prominently, as it’s an important element of the buying process.
Are Copper Chef Pans Dishwasher Safe?
Most Copper Chef pans are advertised as dishwasher safe, however the manufacturer recommends hand washing.
I’ll second this same advice! Non-stick surfaces are easily damaged, and the constant, varying cycles of heat and moisture that occur in a dishwasher are not helpful.
You also increase the risk of scratching that surface, given all the other kitchen bits and bobs that are usually in there with your pans.
If you’re determined to put your Copper Chef pans in the dishwasher, double-check the product listing first. It will usually state if an item is dishwasher-safe or not.
Does Copper Chef Have A Lifetime Warranty?
Copper Chef cookware is supplied with a lifetime warranty, but this only applies to the non-stick coating itself.
That coating protection applies to normal every day wear and tear as well. It only applies to Copper Chef cookware that is used in a domestic – not a commercial – environment.
All other components in the pan are protected by a 60 day warranty instead.
If you want to dig down deeper into the nitty-gritty of this protection, refer to the official warranty information which is hosted by QVC.
Do Copper Chef Handles Get Hot?
The riveted handles on Copper Chef pans are hollow, which makes them more comfortable to hold when you’re cooking at high temperatures.
They are ergonomically designed for a comfortable grip, but don’t expect any kind of Bakelite protection to keep the temperature down.
How Do You Clean A Copper Chef Pan?
You clean a Copper Chef pan the same way you’d clean any kind of non-stick cookware.
Warm water and standard dish soap are all you need for the typical clean up.
As always, avoid being too abrasive when working on any non-stick coatings, as they’re easily scratched.
What happens if you have a stovetop accident though?
Many owners report that burned food can cause a lingering black residue to become present on their Copper Chef pans.
In this case, it’s advised to soak the pan in hot water for 15 minutes. After this gentle soak you should find it much easier to remove any residue.
Can Copper Chef Pans Be Used On Induction Cooktops?
Yes. Copper Chef pans include a stainless steel plate which is riveted onto the underside.
This plate provides the magnetic surface that’s essential for use on induction cooktops.
I hope that’s answered all the questions you might have about the Copper Chef brand.
Taking all of this in you should now be in a much better position to know whether this is the right kind of cookware for you or not.